Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks

19 Nov

We’re halfway baby!

We finally have the nursery completely painted. After doing a third coat of the yellow paint on Monday night, we decided that the right thing would be to also paint the ceiling and trim, since those were still the color that the previous owners had painted them (which was a dirty off-white). So Thursday night, I painted the trim and Saturday, we finished the ceiling. Travis got the new windowsill installed but still has to coat it in poly before it’ll be done. So slowly but surely we’re making progress. On Tuesday night, I also finished the tie-together fleece blanket that my mom and I had started while she was out here.

On Saturday morning, I did something new: went to a blogger meetup. It was intimidating and I was nervous all week but I knew that I would enjoy it and be glad I had gone. And I was! All the girls were super friendly. We met up down in Littleton to run or walk. I would’ve loved to run but I won’t subject anyone to my horribly slow I-could-walk-faster-than-this pace.

The group from L to R: Mel, Heidi, Tiffany, Lena, Kristen, Lynne, Me

After our run/walk, we went to brunch at Lucile’s Cajun Cafe. It was delicious.

So glad I went!

With that morning’s workout, the week turned out pretty good.

W: 2.67 mile jog/walk

Th: 1.15 mile walk

F: 2.04 mile jog/walk

Sa: 3.1 mile walk

I’ve been really slacking on strength training though, so I plan to start doing that again.

……………..

Symptoms: I’ve been on the verge of leg cramps several times at night, I can see my belly button start to stretch out, my back is still hurting somewhat, and one night this week, my ankles were swollen but luckily that went away by the next morning. But my energy is back up and overall, I’m feeling great!

Cravings: Grapes, ice water, sweets – my appetite/food preferences are pretty much back to normal.

Movement: I definitely felt more movement a few weeks ago than I do now. Or maybe what I thought was movement really wasn’t?

Weight Gained: 13 lbs

What I miss: WINE! One of these days, I need to find me some non-alcoholic wine. I miss it a lot. Which is weird because I didn’t think I would.

Favorite moment this week: Getting the nursery all painted finally!

Looking forward to: Flying to Minnesota on Wednesday, finding out the gender in 8 days!

8 Responses to “Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks”

1. Natalie O (@WillJogForFood) November 19, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

I’m definitely missing the wine lately! Yesterday evening I was really craving it, at least we are halfway through non-drinking, hehe.

2. Lisa November 19, 2012 at 5:20 pm #

The Meet up looks so fun! Happy thanksgiving, and have a great trip to Minnesota. Our weather is gorgeous right now — high 50’s — but it’s supposed to get chilly by Friday.

3. B. in the Know November 19, 2012 at 7:22 pm #

Eep – you look SO cute!!
    Much love,
    B

4. Mel November 19, 2012 at 8:51 pm #

I have been meaning to tell you you look so pretty (I might even say glowing) in your pregnancy photos.

I wish is known you wanted to run because I was feeling the same way, like I would either be running by myself or walking and being social so I picked walk n talk.

5. Ms.Problems November 20, 2012 at 8:09 am #

Ahh Such inspiration to workout!! Maybe I will pull out some Zumba this evening. Cute pictures! Looks like an awesome time.

6. Kathy November 20, 2012 at 10:07 am #

@Mel – Ahhh, thanks so much! I’m still not sure you’d want to run with me though… I’m seriously averaging like 15 minute miles between my slow slog and walking breaks. So… we should run together after I have the baby. 😉

7. Stephanie November 28, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

I was just in Safeway earlier today and spotted some non-alcoholic wine….of all places! It was in the section with all the alcoholic mixers. Maybe something to check out?

8. specialkkluthe November 29, 2012 at 9:21 am #

@Stephanie – thanks for letting me know! I’ll have to check that out.