But with that excitement comes some not-so-fun pregnancy symptoms. I’m grateful to be healthy and mobile, and still think that this pregnancy is pretty smooth overall. But the pain in my pelvic/inner thigh area is getting worse. Now it feels like my hip joints are coming loose. Every time I roll over during the night or get up from sitting, I groan in pain. It hurts to lift my legs so putting pants on or drying off after a shower requires some creativity. I can only do a very slow grandma waddle and even a slight incline makes the pain worse. If the condition didn’t get worse, this would be totally bearable. I’m just a little nervous about having 10 weeks to go. Travis might have to start pushing me around in a wheelchair!
Other not-so-fun symptoms:
– acne on my face, back and chest (seriously sooo sick of this)
– acid reflux
– back pain
– swollen ankles (it’s starting…)
– sore feet
– braxton hicks contractions
– intense belly pain (apparently a form of round ligament pain)
– an increased appetite but smaller stomach (prompting many 3 a.m. snacks)
– no desire to cook, or sometimes even eat (I’m hungry but don’t feel like anything)
– CRAZY dreams (almost every night this past week, I had a full night’s dreams about something that had happened that day… people from work after a stressful day, interest rates and stocks after a meeting with our financial advisor, a package of airline peanuts Travis brought home from a work trip)
– pelvic pressure that makes it feel like I have to pee all. the. time.
– feeling out of breath/heart racing pretty often
Pregnancy is an experience, that’s for sure. But it’ll all be so very worth it and as long as I don’t have to be induced or go on bed rest, I’m a happy camper.
It helps that I have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months. Or else it would feel like a very loooong 10 weeks.
This past weekend, Travis and I didn’t have anything scheduled so we tried to finish up some projects and chores around the house, spent Saturday afternoon lazing around and walking our dogs to the dog park, went to Zero Dark Thirty Saturday night (it was good!), and had movie night with friends last night. I had good intentions about blogging – there’s a draft just waiting to be published – but it didn’t happen. Hopefully I’ll post more this week. I actually have stuff to talk about!
Last Tuesday night, I went to a breastfeeding class. It was helpful, albeit a bit awkward to practice holding a baby to your chest with a bunch of men around. The only class we have left now is CPR and First Aid, which we rescheduled to take in March.
Travis finished the window in the nursery finally so everything in there is set, except for some pictures on the wall and a small table for next to the glider. I like to just stand in the doorway and imagine what it’ll feel like to have a real baby to put in there!
My workouts last week:
Su: 1.55 mile walk
M: 1.15 mile walk
T: 20 min prenatal yoga
W: 1.15 mile walk
Sa: 30 minute walk
As evidenced by all the walks I take, my dogs serve as my main motivator for exercise. Otherwise it would be very pitiful.
Symptoms: See above
Cravings: Anything sweet, specifically frozen yogurt
Weight gained: 1 lb this week (21 lbs total)
Rings on or off: On, but sometimes tight in the morning
Belly button in or out: Starting to poke out!
Stretch marks: None
11 days until I fly to Minnesota for my baby shower! And only 20 days until we leave for Florida! I can’t wait!