Last week, I wrote about all the not-s0-pleasant side effects of pregnancy. So this week, I thought I’d make a list of all the pleasant, exciting and fun parts about pregnancy (yes, they do exist!).
Here is what I’ve loved about being pregnant:
– seeing the miracle of my body growing another human (it’s amazing how it knows exactly what to do!)
– getting to hear our baby’s heartbeat and see her via ultrasound
– decorating the nursery
– shopping for all the cute baby stuff!
– spending more time with Travis (he’s gone to the grocery store with me more often in the past 3 months than the previous 5 years)
– having an excuse to take a nap whenever, to eat whatever I’m craving and to forget things (“Hey, I’m pregnant!”)
– having all of our friends and family excited about the baby with us
– looking forward to having at least 12 weeks off work (I’ll post more on that later)
– the excitement and anticipation of getting to meet Emma, discover her personality and love her to pieces!
The benefits of pregnancy are definitely more emotional than physical. Pregnancy is not something that every woman gets to experience and I feel very privileged that God has allowed me to not only be a mother, but to also experience this miracle of life. I don’t want to take it for granted.
And as a side note, in the past week, 4 of my friends/acquaintances have announced that they’re pregnant. So exciting!
I had another ultrasound this morning and they said everything looks great. I’m measuring 31 weeks and Emma is estimated to be 3 lbs 11 ounces and 19 inches long. She is head down (yay!) and facing slightly to the right. As far as the technician could tell, she has not presented any indication of being a boy. So we’re still banking on Emma being Emma, and not Emmitt. We also got to see her yawn!
My workouts last week:
W: 20 min prenatal Pilates
Th: 1.15 mile walk
Sa: Race setup/teardown (I volunteered at one my friend’s races again)
Symptoms: Pelvic/inner thigh pain, CRAZY DREAMS, back/hip pain – still feeling pretty energetic though
Cravings: Still loving sweets like ice cream
Weight gained: 2 lb this week (23 lbs total)
Rings on or off: Off – they get pretty tight by the morning and I don’t want to wait too long, so I just took them off this morning
Belly button in or out: Starting to poke out!
Stretch marks: None so far
Best moment this week: Feeling Emma kick/punch like crazy – what is she doing in there?!?
Looking forward to: Flying to Minnesota on Friday! Baby shower is on Sunday.