Emma’s 4 Month Stats

21 Aug

Here are Emma’s stats from her 4-month appointment:

Weight: 14 lb 10.5 oz (55.68 percentile)

Height: 24.5″ (47.17 percentile)

Head circumference: 16.54″ (84 percentile)

Baby girl has a big head! But she’s still cute.

20130811_100633She ended up getting a little bit of diarrhea and irritability from her shots. She had a really bad night of sleep after her appointment – woke up several times, and then wouldn’t let me put her back down starting at 4 am. So I had a very early morning. It was a triple whammy because Travis was gone on a work trip AND I had to work. The diarrhea cleared up after a day or so, and she went back to sleeping well at night after that first night. But I am going to schedule her appointments for Fridays from now on, so that I can be with her for those fussy days and not have to go to work on 5 hours of sleep.

Also somewhat strange, since her appointment, Emma has been really upset in the mornings at daycare. She’ll cry on and off for hours no matter what Charlotte does to calm her, until she wears herself out and takes a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. I feel so bad! But both me and Charlotte are at a loss for what the cause could be. When she’s with me, she seems to want a little bit more attention and gets bored faster but she’s not that much fussier. Anyway, I’m hoping it gets better. I can’t stand being at work when I know my little girl is upset!

Well, gotta go pick up my little sweetheart!

8 Responses to “Emma’s 4 Month Stats”

1. lynette August 21, 2013 at 5:19 pm #

Maybe she thinks you are leaving her somewhere. Shots can cause some babies to feel insecure with someone not mom and dad. She could also be working toward the stranger anxiety period.

You might try staying a little longer in the morning at hand off to transition

2. lynette August 21, 2013 at 5:21 pm #

I didn’t mean just leaving, but causing her to fear you coming back. She “knows” Charlotte, but not like she does you.

3. B. in the Know August 21, 2013 at 7:01 pm #

Ah she is looking cuter and cuter each day!! And what a fun dress!!
    Much love,
    B

4. Brittney August 22, 2013 at 5:44 am #

Allie was pretty thrown off after her 6 month shots too. It took her close to a week to get back to normal. It’s funny because at the actual appointment she did fine, but the next day she had a fever and went downhill from there. Emma looks super cute in that picture 🙂

5. monthsbeforeyou August 22, 2013 at 6:21 am #

We go for our 4 month appointment on Monday and I’m nervous about what Daxton’s reaction is going to be! He was fussy and very needy after his last shots…but like you – I won’t be home with him this time around, he’ll be at daycare.

Scheduling appts on Friday sounds like a good idea – I might take that advice as well!

6. Angie @ Pint of Goals August 25, 2013 at 5:09 pm #

What a cute dress on a cute baby! I love polka dots on little girls 🙂
    That stinks that Emma had a rough time after her shots. Finley goes in for her two month shots on Tuesday afternoon and I am NERVOUS. Any tips? Did you give her Tylenol before or after? Such a good idea to schedule the appointment on Friday – I’ll definitely do that for her future appointments.

7. specialkkluthe August 25, 2013 at 5:29 pm #

@Angie – my pediatrician said to not give Tylenol before so that we’d know how she reacted. Hope it goes well for you and Finley!

8. notsodomesticated September 4, 2013 at 6:09 pm #

Precious girl!!! Addie’s stats are the total opposite … she’s at a low percentile for her weight and head, but then at a higher percentile for her height. And yet, I swear they look like they’re similar in size, based on Emma’s picture! Go figure!