This little girl is growing up so fast, I can’t keep up on the updates! Annabelle was 20 months on November 27, 21 months on December 27, and 22 months tomorrow, on January 27.Size
Annabelle is still wearing 2T clothes, size 5 shoes, and size 4 diapers.Eating
Annabelle is still a picky eater, and still lactose intolerant. Over the holidays, she apparently ate too many Hershey’s kisses because her diarrhea returned for a bit. Her favorite foods lately have been yogurt (non-dairy), applesauce, mandarin oranges, peaches, toast, and bacon. She eats like a bird—she won’t eat many foods, and the ones she will eat, she doesn’t eat much of. But she doesn’t have any problem eating her weight in candy, suckers, or gum (not that we let her…).Sleeping
Annabelle is still waking up 1-3 times at night. The past month or so, she will often not even let us put her down in her crib at night. Those nights, the only way she will settle down and go to sleep is if we lay down on the floor with her—on the mattress that has been on the floor in her room since last summer. I read in my last update on Annabelle that I thought she was getting her 2-year molars, but she still hasn’t! Uffda, teething seems to take forever. Once she does get her 2-year molars, though, we’ll get serious about getting Annabelle to sleep all night in her crib.
Annabelle takes one nap a day for about two hours, from about 1:30 to 3:30.Development
Annabelle is an active, daring, little monkey! She loves to climb, dive, slide, jump, run, and spin.
She has also started talking a bunch, and can say about 15 words, including Dada, Mama, Emma, Abell (Annabelle), cracker, bubble, purple, yellow, honey, ball, doggy, all done, oh no, and dough know (I don’t know). So cute!Annabelle LOVES her big sister Emma and they play together most of the time—though sometimes the age difference makes getting along a little difficult.I started working two days a week at the beginning of January, and Annabelle started going to daycare at the same center Emma has been going to. She has handled the transition well, and the workers say that she only cries for a few minutes a couple times a day, and the rest of the time she is pretty happy. A couple times during the day, Emma and Annabelle get to play together in the gym, and the workers say that they play together the whole time. One day when I came to pick them up, they were both riding a trike—Emma was sitting in front, pedaling, and Annabelle was riding on the back.
Annabelle’s favorite things lately have been:
- Blocks—she loves building towers
- Books—she will sit for 4-5 books, and often grabs a book, finds me or Travis, and motions that she wants to sit on our lap and have us read a book to her
- Rough-housing—she still loves to be “thrown” onto the bed, held upside down, spun in circles, etc.
- Mommy’s phone or iPad—she loves playing games and watching short YouTube videos… I just have to be careful to keep her from calling anyone (which she has done more than a handful of times!)
- Painting—Annabelle really enjoys painting with either finger paints or with brushes on an easel… we just don’t do it often because it’s an ordeal 😉
- Cuddling–Annabelle is a cuddle bug, which I love–unless she’s sleeping, then she wants to be left alone.
And that’s Annabelle at 22 months!